HSE Offshore First Aid at Work RefresherA Health & Safety Executive approved 2-day course that complies with the Offshore Installations and Pipeline Works (First Aid) Regulations 1989. The course is aimed at personnel that are already trained in Offshore First Aid who must complete this course within 3 years of first qualifying.
- HSE (first aid) regulations.
- Managing an incident and triage.
- Casualty assessment.
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty.
- Dealing with a choking casualty.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR):
- The use of an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Acute airway problems:
- Deploying and operating oxygen:
- Selecting and using the most appropriate oxygen delivery system.
- Demand inhalator valve and mask.
- Constant-flow, non-rebreather mask.
- Laerdal resuscitation mask with supplemental oxygen.
- Bag and Mask Ventilator (BMV).
- Basic Airway management:
- Airway Maneuvers.
- Oro-phalangeal airway.
- Naso-phalangeal airway.
- Acute cardiovascular problems:
- Shock (including anaphylactic shock).
- Haemorrhage control (including Combat Application Tourniquet use).
- Syncope attacks.
- Heart attack.
- Neurological impairment:
- Head injuries.
- Wound management and asepsis.
- Burns and scalds.
- Climatic Injuries:
- Heat stress / stroke.
- Strains, Sprains, Dislocations and Fractures (including spinal injuries).
- Including management of toxic gasses.
- Eye injuries.
- Acute pain management:
- The use of Entonox gas.
- The stabalisation of a casualty requiring transport.
- Aero-medical casualty transport with helicopters.
Total Cost: £190
Contact us for further details.