HSE Emergency First AidThe HSE Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is run according to guidelines from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and UK Resuscitation Council.
Upon completion of the course the candidate will be qualified to First Aid Appointed Person status.
Who Should Attend?This course is ideal for nominated appointed persons in the workplace, or anyone requiring comprehensive skills to deal with first aid emergencies.
- HSE (first aid) regulations
- Managing an incident
- Casualty assessment
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Dealing with a choking casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Shock (including anaphylactic shock)
- Minor wound management and asepsis
- Burns and scalds
CertificationSuccessful candidates will receive a certificate of competence that is valid for 3 years.
- HSE Emergency First Aid At Work course: 1 day (6 contact hours)
- HSE Emergency First Aid At Work course combined with the AED Operator course: 1 day (8 contact hours)
The HSE Emergency First Aid At Work course can be combined with the AED Operator course for a total cost of £170.
Contact us for further details.