First Aid at WorkThe First Aid at Work (FAW) course is run according to guidelines from the UK Resuscitation Council.
Who Should Attend?This course is ideal for nominated first aiders in the workplace, or anyone requiring comprehensive training and the skills to deal with first aid emergencies.
- UK Resuscitation Council (first aid) regulations
- Managing an incident and triage
- Casualty assessment
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Dealing with a choking casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Acute airway problems
- Acute cardiac problems
- Neurological impairment
- Head injuries
- Shock (including anaphylactic shock)
- Wound management and asepsis
- Burns and scalds
- Strains, Sprains, Dislocations and Fractures (including spinal injuries)
- Eye injuries
Certification:Successful candidates will receive a certificate of competence that is valid for 3 years.
- First Aid At Work Course: 3 days (18 contact hours)
- First Aid At Work Course combined with the Oxygen Administration course: 3 days (20 contact hours)
- First Aid At Work Course combined with both the AED Operator course and the Oxygen Administration course: 3 days (22 contact hours)
The First Aid at Work course can be combined with:
- the Oxygen Administration course for a total cost of £260;
- both the AED Operator course and the Oxygen Administration course for £250 plus £50 VAT for a total cost of £300
- or both the AED Operator course, the Oxygen Administration course and the HSE Scuba for £370 plus £74 VAT for a total cost of £444
Total Cost: £220
Contact us for further details.